Tuesday
Began the day by getting lost, but having a fantastic view of the Queen Mary cruise ship-too big for the harbour, she’s in the neighbouring wharf and towers over the circular quays and the parks.
The ferry took me to double bay, where I found myself stranded, but a friendly local guided through the winding steps past the homes of the rich and famous down to Rushcutters Bay yacht club/park-very exclusive!
Then another friendly local escorted me back to the city-everyone is so fit here, they walk/run/surf/cycle-oh, they say, it’s an easy walk, and they mean an hour and hilly!!
Along past the buildings in Hyde Park-all very British-and then I had to have some sea air…so an afternoon strolls along the surf and sand at Manly.
That’s what I love about this city-you can go from historic buildings to the beach in less than an hour, it’s wonderful.
This evening I watched the lights go on over the harbour on the ferry, and then saw the fireworks in Darling Harbour-quite by chance from the boat-a magical moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment